The Administrative Assistant’s duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. This position supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material.
This position requires the ability to effectively communicate via phone and email, ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. The Administrative Assistant shall rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position reports to the CEO.
Continuum enables customers to launch satellite payloads, space vehicles, and new services faster, safer, and smarter with lower capital costs by removing the friction that comes with solving deeply complex space engineering problems compounded by outdated and disconnected tools and workflows.
Built upon tools and technologies developed for NASA by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, an operating division of the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Continuum streamlines the mission management process into a single unified system that supports the entire mission lifecycle from mission ideation and design to in-space operations. Continuum serves the growing space industry by enabling teams to focus on their core competencies and advance space exploration and commercialization potential.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Reply to email, telephone, or face-to-face inquiries
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Provide polite and professional communication
- Organize and schedule appointments and meetings
- Assist sales operations manager in maintaining customer relationship management with market research
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other office staff
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in Google Workspace (G Suite)
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES:
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Verbal Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Discretion and Judgment
- Anticipates Needs
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Continuum is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Continuum is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.